Monday, October 10, 2011

Fried Chicken and a Rainy Weekend (Recipe Included)

I cannot remember the last time I was able to sleep in at the house, better yet anywhere this whole month...so I took the opportunity with Tex to make some home made fried chicken, Paula Deen style (recipe included)...

I woke up cozy in my bed to the sound of rain hitting the window pane...




Although it was 45 degrees I trekked down the hill and got some glorious groceries (and coffee) with my shopping buddy




It was time to fry some chickens...recipe is as follows

  • 3 eggs\
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 2 chicken breasts + 4 chicken leg/thighs
  • Paula Deen's "House Seasoning" recipe
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup pepper
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup onion powder
  • oil-- we used Sunflower Oil



Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a skillet. Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil.
In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs.  Add 1 cup of buttermilk.  Season the chicken with the House Seasoning.  Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour.  Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp.  Dark meat takes longer than white meat.  Approximate cooking time is 13 to 14 minutes for dark meat and 8 to 10 minutes for white meat.



If it looks like this, it will probably be the best thing you have ever tasted...



And Finally a small patch of sunshine before bed
However, because of the excess amount of rain this weekend I could do very little filming :(


I wish weather would have cooperated....just a small delay!
Guten Essen!

No comments:

Post a Comment